Monday, December 9, 2013

Week 71: The start of a really bad joke.

(I'll start with what I think is the funny, and then go to the serious before hitting up the business stuff.)
 
A Mormon, a Catholic, and a Baptist are all in a room together. Who ever has heard a joke that started like that before? I know I have, or at least similar jokes with three other religions. Well, this was a real situation except there were 3 Mormons, 1 Catholic, and 3 Baptists. We were visiting with John and Caroline who I suppose you don't know about. We met them a couple of weeks back. Caroline was a little bit tipsy at the time, but she said we could come back and talk. We tried our luck to see if we could catch her in a more sober state. It didn't work. This time she, John, and their friend John were all a little under the influence. There was a fourth, Elizabeth, but she didn't want anything to do with us Mormons to start. Eventually she came out and asked a lot of good questions. John#1 didn't like all of the 'arguing' that was going on, so he suggested we say and prayer and sing Amazing Grace, so we did. We only new the first verse, but he went on to sing the second verse plus a couple other songs. They all invited us back, so only the future can tell what kind of mental state they'll be in when the missionaries next run into them.
 
I would call myself a moderate pack rat. I don't keep everything, but I'll keep a lot of stuff. Usually, it has to be connected to a person for me to keep it. These weekend I came up with a good rule of thumb for cleaning as a pack rat. If you can't remember why you have that thing(or in my case if I can't remember who it's from) then get rid of it. Call me crazy, but I've got a walnut sitting in my suitcase from a Bro Hernandez in my first area. I had to throw a rock away this weekend because I couldn't remember who I got it from...It's probably for the best. It was a pretty ordinary rock.
 
I've decided to switch it up and do business before the serious stuff. I got transferred today. I moved from the "Middleton area" in Nampa to the "Old Highway 30 area" in Middleton. My new companion is Elder Jarvis from North Carolina(the Charlotte area). Middleton is a smaller town, only about 6000 people, but that is the town itself. There is a lot of outlying area which is where we serve and live which I guess is considered part of the next town over. I'm glad to be back in a small town for the holidays. It should be fun. I've got a new address to go along with the 1008 Sanetta.
Elder Soren Mann
14885 Eagle Drive
Caldwell, ID 83607
 
The last story I was going to tell had to do with a temple sealing I got to attend Saturday, but I'm actually going to save that for later in the future. For now, I'll just say I could not have another baptism, and I would know I've had a successful mission, Baptism is just the beginning...

No comments:

Post a Comment