Monday, September 9, 2013

WeeK 62:I had a clever title for this weeks email, but I forgot what it was.

This was a ...what adjective to use to describe the week...week. It wasn't bad. It wasn't super exciting. It was one of those regular weeks. The weather was the most exciting part.

The weather cooled down a lot this week. The air tasted like Autumn. It reminded me of being in Meridian a year ago, biking through neighborhoods in cooler weather. Supposedly it'll warm back up for a little while, but Fall is on it's way. We got a little bit of rain Tuesday with a reprieve Wednesday before a crazy storm Thursday. Thursday we got a midwest-like thunderstorm. There was wind, rain, hail, and lightning. Several smaller trees got knocked over. The streets flooded. What did this do for the missionary work? We happened to be in the house when the storm hit, so we waited it out. A member drove us around for the rest of the night. 

We spent most of the next day helping clean up after the storm. It didn't look nearly as bad the next day with the sun out. It was a great day to be outside doing service. 

Saturday was a day for mourning. We attended the funeral of a 10 month old child. It was disheartening to see someone so young lay there without life. I had a quote pop up into my mind that felt fit in my own mind. I can't remember it's origin, but it says "Don't pity the dead. Pity the living." There is some truth in this. I am grateful for the gospel knowledge I have gained over they years that ease the pain at times of death. Those who die may go on to "a state of rest, a state of peace, where they shall rest from all their troubles and from all care, and sorrow." Death is not the end. After death comes this temporary state of rest; following this spiritual rest, our spirits will be rejoined with our bodies to have the opportunity to be with our family in eternal joy. This I know to be true.

No comments:

Post a Comment