Monday, September 9, 2013

Week 61:Revenge of the everything

This week the world fought back in Idaho. There were two victories, two ties, and one loss.

Victory #1: Return of Meridian. Did you know that "Return of the Jedi" was originally going to be "Revenge of the Jedi". Whoever is in charge of making titles decided that didn't sound very Jedi-like, so it got changed. The victories are going to be similar because they aren't evil. Anyway, Return of Meridian! Meridian can't actually return...it didn't go anywhere. However, people from Meridian can definitely drive out to Nampa where us missionaries are! Shout out to the Ham(ast)ers! Good old Meridian members drove out for a visit which rocked.

Victory #2(which actually came first and is better in a spiritual sense than victory #1 but was numbered '2' because ...well I don't know why): Return of/to Boise. This week I got to go to the temple back in Boise. That was an awesome experience. I love the temple. Even a fly in the waiting room couldn't ruin the peace found within those walls. If you haven't been to the temple recently, go back! If you can't go to the temple for whatever reason, convert so that you can go to feel the peace inside!

Tie #1: Revenge of the zucchini. Last night we were eating a delicious chicken dinner.(winner winner?  Yup, that was us.) They left dessert sitting on the stove so that we could see eat all dinner long. They said it was actually a healthy dessert. It definitely looked like chocolate. It had a secret ingredient. Somehow I knew what it was even before they brought it closer. I don't quite understand zucchini. Everyone says it is super nasty when you eat it on it's own. It grows super easily. It grows really big. One vine grows more than any family could eat. All you do is mash it up and stick it into other things to make them "healthy". 

Tie #2: Revenge of the transfer. Transfer calls came Friday night. Elder Jones and I are staying together. Hopefully we get more done this transfer now that we know the area. With the new transfer comes a new address!(The 1008 W Sanetta St is stilll good.)
Elder Soren Mann
3800 Brenan Drive
Nampa, ID 83686

Loss #1: Revenge of the mosquitoes. When I think of mosquitoes and bugs, I generally think of those poor souls in the central and south American missions. Well...somehow they made it up here to Idaho. I've got 8 bites below the knee on my left leg, 5 on my right, 2 on my left elbow, and 1 on my left....I'll leave it at that...

No comments:

Post a Comment