Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Week 49:A time for change and a time for things to stay the same

Howdy! This weekend is transfers. I have absolutely no idea what is going to happen. I'm here with Elder Cavin(a visa waiter), so it would make sense for me to stay. Transfers don't always 'make sense' though. With the mission split happening during this next transfer, I think a lot of missionaries will get surprising transfers. At the same time, I also think that a lot of people are already where they need to be. Things will be however they need to be. If a lot of missionaries move, they move. If they don't, they don't.

A year later, I'm finally learning the true secret of one of my ties. My Grandma got me a tie that is discretely blue and orange for BSU. Not everybody makes the connection between the tie and BSU, but everyone that does makes a comment about it. I feel like it is a subliminal message designed to be understood only by true fans of BSU.

I'm approaching my 12 month mark(sort of), so I'm working on rereading my journal. I can see changes in writing style and mood as the months go on. Elder Barnes mentioned that a lot of missionaries will get depressed near there year mark with the thought being "I've got to do another year of what I just did?!". I've got a great advantage: I'm serving at the same time as all of my friends, so we all push each other! None of us are thinking that because we know that a year from now we'll all get to return home and share all of our stories together.

I didn't take my camera out this past week, so there is no picture of the week. The work is going great. We've got a few people who will be ready for baptism near the beginning of July. It's warming up. Air conditioning ROCKS! Catch y'all later.

No comments:

Post a Comment