Monday, May 13, 2013

Week 44: The new arrival

We're still alive! We've survived the first 24 hours. This is Elder Cavin. He's from South Jordan, Utah, and I have the pleasure of serving with him until his visa to Argentina Cordoba comes in. Apparently, with all the new missionaries, visas are a lot harder to come by. He told me that there were 160 other missionaries getting ready to go to Argentina at the same time as him that all got reassigned to stateside missions waiting for their visas. He went to school in Utah at UVU before coming out. He's a cool elder and a great teacher for only having 6 weeks of training with it all being in Spanish.
I just got another fun assignment: District Leader. That means I'm in charge of planning and conducting the district meeting we have once a week with the other four sets of elders in the district. I also get to plan a trip to the temple as well as exchanges. Today I got to take charge of my first district meeting. Elder Barnes(one of the zone leaders who used to be my companion) told me I did well. I'll take it.
I get to call home on Sunday! Yay! That'll be fun. Now David isn't home, so I won't get to talk to him...I better get an email this week...haha More fun adventures from this week to come in Monday's email!

No comments:

Post a Comment