Monday, April 22, 2013

Week 42: Where is the focus?

Most of the time, people have motives behind their actions. Sometimes they're good motives; other times they're not so good. Unless you're the Joker(trying to watch the world burn), there is some goal or other object you are trying to reach when you act. What is that goal for you? Mine outlook/focus changed a little this week. That's what happens when you have wisdom vs knowledge.
 
We got to go to the temple this week. That was amazing. It's so peaceful inside. You can learn and grow in new ways each time just like when you reread the scriptures. What was the focus from this trip? To become more unfocused. I don't use my right eye very much because it's not very good. Not to say I close it and ignore it's presence(because I can't actually do that), but I don't use actively use it. Now, I'm starting to do that. With my good eye, I tend to see something and recognize it at face value. That book is a book. That person is a person. I take in facts and data. The cover of the book is green. That is a very tall person. That's where my right eye comes into play. The main things I see with my left eye become unfocused and not as important when I look through my right eye. It gives me a chance to think about thing individually and create more of a personality rather than a statistic/information hub. We've been told as missionaries to 'picture people in white'. I had a hard time doing that because I honed in too much on the unimportant details. Now I've given myself a better opportunity to focus on people in white by unfocusing my vision. That's what you've got to do sometimes. Unfocus to allow yourself to ponder on what you really need to focus on. 
 
We had stake conference this weekend. It was family focused. It felt like an extention of general conference. There was a special broadcast that took up most of the Sunday session. Elder Marcus D Nash, Sister Linda K Burton, President Russel T Osguthorpe, and Elder Robert D Hales spoke to the greater western Idaho region. They emphasized praying to get assistance in strengthening the family as well a making sure that Jesus Christ is a part of the family.
 
Picture of the week: This is the apartment. I hadn't taken any pictures this week, so I took a picture of the apartment showing you how we live. It's a decent place.

No comments:

Post a Comment