Monday, February 25, 2013

Week 34: One week at a time

There have been a lot of changes announced. The missionary age was lowered. More missions are being made. It's a great time to be out doing the work! There are a few more specific changes that will affect me and the rest of the IBM.
One of the smaller and more immediate changes is the splitting of the area that I'm in. I'm still here in Wendell(3134 S 1900 E Wendell, ID 83355). We've covered the entire stake for the past who knows how long. It can be hard at times because you can only spend 2 days in each town each week. At the end of March, we're getting 29 new missionaries, so the area is likely going to be split with me going to one side and my companion going to the other. Right now we're working on making sure there is lots of work to do when the area is split by finding a bunch of people.
A much bigger change coming up is the split of the mission into 3 separate missions(with 3 new mission presidents)! The Idaho Boise Mission will be split into the Idaho Nampa Mission(on the west with President Stuart and Sister Elaine Cannon), the Idaho Boise Mission(in the middle with President John and Sister Arliss Winder), and the Idaho Twin Falls Mission(on the east with President Glen and Sister Nancy Curtis). This will go down on July 1st. Nobody knows where they will end up. We've been told that the speculation is that we will stay in whichever mission would include the area we are serving in at the time. I'm kind of glad I came out when I did. I'll be hitting my half way point just around that time, so I get to spend half of my mission life one way with President Cannon and the other half some other way. Hopefully these two semibig changes make the title clear. We've got to take each week as it comes and not focus on 16 weeks from now like a lot of us want to. We're all anxious to find out our fate. It's very similar to waiting for the original mission call.
This weekend we had another baptism. This was for Shyanne Bruhn. She's a 10 year old that has family members that are part of the church. Their example helped her reach the decision that she wanted to be baptized. People keep saying it because it's true: The Lord is hastening His work!

No comments:

Post a Comment