Thursday, December 20, 2012

Week 24:It was beginning to look a lot like Christmas

to STEPHEN, me, Kirsten, Matthew, Jess, theroyalfamily., Wesley
Well...It finally really snowed. We got probably 3/4" of it. You know who was excited? Elder King from down south(Florida/Tennessee) He'd really never seen snow before, so we had to go outside and have a snowball fight. He was happier than a kid on Christmas morning who got a lot of awesome presents. The only problem? It was all melted by the end of the day. What happened the next day? A winter hurricane. Wind and rain, but no more snow. It's been crazy weather up here.
This past weekend we had our fair share+someone else's fair share of baptisms. It was getting hectic near the end, but when all is said and done, 4 people were able to enter into the fold of our heavenly Father between Saturday and Sunday(at least where I am 'stationed'). McKenley Merrit, Bill Lasater, Jennifer Lasater, and Kali Lasater were all baptized. We only started teaching the Lasaters 2 weeks ago!(but they had been going to church for a while before then) Elder Bingham and I have run out of people to teach! They've all been baptized, so we're going to have to spend a lot of time looking for people to share a Christmas message with.
Somehow, I managed to forget my planner again...I really don't know how. It was in my suitcoat. I'm drawing quite a few blanks on what I meant to say because I had written them all in my planner. Those little books are amazing. Very handy.
I got to attend a leadership training meeting last Tuesday. It went really well. We talked about what we can do to help others feel comfortable talking about the gospel(religion) and making it a part of natural conversation. We discussed what qualities we would like to see in leaders. One of the big ones(the first one that came up) was being a charitable/loving/compassionate leader. If you want to lead people, you need to love them first so that they will know they can trust your direction.
That's all I've got right now. Hopefully everything goes well this weekend, and I'm still able to email next Monday with the end of the world being Friday and all.
TTFN!
Elder Mann
 
I almost forgot to include my address again! Here it is for those of you out there in the world!
Elder Soren Mann
3134 South 1900 East B
Wendell, ID 83355

No comments:

Post a Comment