Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Week 10: Shout Outs!

Howdy all! I've got a few shout outs to make this week!
 
My first shout out goes to my friend, the dictionary! For the first time in 10+ years, I got to use a dictionary as my 'spell check'! My companion had to write an essay, and he wanted me to check his spelling. There were some words I wasn't sure about, so I got a dictionary and checked it there! It felt good pulling out that dusty old book.
 
My second shout out goes to Twix! I had gone to a lunch with the district, but it wasn't a very big lunch. I was debating one whether or not I needed a whole PB sandwich or just a fun size Twix. I chewed it over with a Twix.
 
My third shout out goes to my home town Mentone and its neighboring city Redlands! The Boise Temple has been under construction for the past year and is preparing to reopen in November. Before it reopens there will be an open house. They have made a fancy video in preparation for the open house, and I would like to share it with all of you.
That there is a link to the video. It's short. Only 01:14 I think. You Socal people might recognize something near the 00:05 mark. What's that? The Redlands temple? That's right! Redlands temple made it into the video! Hoorah!
[Also, there has been a lot of talk about a cultural celebration to go along with the open house. Was there one when the Redlands temple was opened? I forget because I was only 10. All I really remember is tasty cookies and a nice walk inside.]
 
My last shout out goes to collars! That's right! Collars! I'm wearing a collared shirt 95% of the time when I'm in public. This has 'messed up' my body. I went to a service project that lasted for 4 hours! What happened? The bottom half of my neck(which is normally covered with a collar) got burned! The top half was fine, but the lower half got burned because it isn't used to being exposed anymore! That's the life of a missionary for you right there.
 
The work of the Lord continues! "No unhallowed hand can stop the work from progressing"! We've got a baptism lined up for Saturday for a mother and her two daughters. We've been meeting new people and are striving as hard as we can to help them in all ways possible. There is also going to be a day for everybody to invite their friends to church, so we are really encouraging members to invite their friends. It should be a great opportunity.
 
The final word of the day: Journals. Write a journal, and write in it consistantly. For the first time, I'm able to look back and read what I wrote from a year ago. A few days back(a year ago) my journal entry started out "Alex had a really great day!" There are just all sorts of great memories that are in there. The problem is, I didn't write in it regularly. I even noted at it. I stopped writing in it for two months. The first thing I wrote after that hiatus? Write in it regularly! What happened? I didn't. Now I've got giant gaps...Luckily I've been a lot better. I've written everyday since being on my mission.
 
TTFN
Elder Mann

No comments:

Post a Comment